Monday, July 9, 2007

My Favourite Wedding Sites

For the busy bride (or groom), nothing beats the internet as a guide to all things wedding. Sure, not all information would be online and seeing thing in person is a lot different to seeing it online. But to be efficient, doing research online first and then shortlisting has helped me save a whole bunch of time.

My absolute favourite resources online are:
1. The knot
Tons of ideas, advice, vendors (maybe not so relevant for this part of the world). I can spend hours looking at the photo gallery of real weddings. Great for inspiration.

2. Bridal Magazines Online
A. Female Brides Singapore
B. StyleWeddings

3. Singaporebrides.com and Malaysiabrides.com
Although the website are full of good vendors. I mostly trawl their forum pages. Since I can't review all the vendors myself, I read through the forum entries on the particular vendor I am interested in. I also love forum pages because it is amazing how so many brides have similar issues, aspirations/dreams.

4. Martha Steward Weddings
Again, American but oh so many ideas especially for dresses and some DIY ideas too.

5. Something Old, Something New
My friend who is an October bride has gotten me hooked to this site. They have so many oh so pretty items featured. Curses... it's also based in the US. Still, some of them do have websites. Can anyone say web shopping?

6. I do
Similar to Singaporebrides.com

7. ROM (Singapore) and Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (Malaysia)
A must. I recommend going through the details provided at least once so that you would be familiar with the official procedures for getting your marriage registered in Singapore and/or Malaysia.

8. Archdiocese of Singapore and Archiocese of Kuala Lumpur
Not strictly for wedding and is definitely only relevant for Catholics but I found it useful so I am including this in my list of favourite wedding sites.

No comments: